ESSENCE's October 2019 cover star, Tracee Ellis Ross (@TraceeEllisRoss) is a legend, a mood, and the BFF in all of our heads. Now, after ten years in the making, she’s adding CEO to her repertoire! On this episode, Tracee dishes to The Color Files host, Julee Wilson (@MissJulee), about her brand new curly-girl friendly hair care line, Pattern Beauty! They got into deep discussion about so many things, like her time on hit TV show Girlfriends, Black women reinventing beauty norms, how to navigate through disappointment and heartbreak, and the importance of having a supportive community of sisters. Words of a true Queen, indeed.
Check out more of this conversation in ESSENCE magazine, which hit stands on September 27th!
16:20 - Tracee talks how late-night shows ignored her while on Girlfriends
30:04 - Tracee shares her Hair Story and gets passionate about the beauty of Black hair
Be sure to share your thoughts with The Color Files host, Julee Wilson (IG: @MissJulee) using #TheColorFiles to let us know your thoughts…anytime, anywhere!
This episode is sponsored by Ulta Beauty.
- The Color Files Host: Julee Wilson (@MissJulee)
- Producer: Tiffany Ashitey (@misstiffsays)
- Associate Producers: Shantel Holder (@harmonys.touch) + Ashley Hobbs (@ashleylatruly)
- Bookings: Julee Wilson, Tiffany Ashitey
- Audio: Josh Gwynn (@regardingjosh) + Anthony Frasier (@anthonyfrasier)
- Music: Gold Standard Creative (@gscdotnyc)