Hosted by Julee Wilson, ESSENCE’s Global Beauty Director, The Color Files is ESSENCE’s newest podcast that explores the stories of those behind the business of Black beauty. featuring conversations with trendsetters, trailblazers, legends and luminaries.
Building your own brand isn’t as easy as it appears, and the road to success is almost never smoothly paved. This episode of The Color Files features two incredibly hard-working Black women in beauty who are the definition of self-made - OG Youtube Influencer and Founder of Melanin Hair Care (https://melaninhaircare.com), Whitney White (@Naptural85) and Creator of The Lip Bar (https://www.thelipbar.com), Melissa Butler (@MelissaRButler). Host Julee “Global” Wilson (@MissJulee) chats with these ladies about starting a business with no funding, the art of handling rejection, and demanding the respect that they (and we all) deserve!
Keep the conversation going with host, Julee Wilson (@MissJulee) and be sure to use the hashtag #TheColorFiles!
This episode of The Color Files is sponsored by SheaMoisture.
- The Color Files Host: Julee Wilson (@MissJulee)
- Producer: Tiffany Ashitey (@misstiffsays)
- Associate Producers: Shantel Holder (@harmonys.touch) + Ashley Hobbs (@ashleylatruly)
- Bookings: Julee Wilson, Tiffany Ashitey
- Audio: Josh Gwynn (@regardingjosh) + Anthony Frasier (@anthonyfrasier)
- Music: Gold Standard Creative (@gscdotnyc)