Hosted by Julee Wilson, ESSENCE’s Global Beauty Director, The Color Files is ESSENCE’s newest podcast that explores the stories of those behind the business of Black beauty. featuring conversations with trendsetters, trailblazers, legends and luminaries.
We love it when way-makers come through on The Color Files! This week’s guest is EPIC. Our host, Julee Wilson (@missjulee) kiki-ed with the one and only Misty Copeland (@mistyonpointe)! The two ladies reminisced about the moment they first met (over a decade ago). The story is HILARIOUS! They spoke about all the things - Misty’s super intense workout routine, her last-minute cameo in Drake’s “Nice For What” video, her obsession with baby lotion, and so much more. Misty also revealed something unexpected - she doesn’t look in mirrors for months at a time. SHOOK.
Be sure to share your thoughts with The Color Files host, Julee Wilson (IG: @missjulee) using #TheColorFiles to let us know your thoughts…anytime, anywhere!
Head to ESSENCE.com to watch the video-episode!
- The Color Files Host: Julee Wilson (@MissJulee)
- Producer: Tiffany Ashitey (@misstiffsays)
- Associate Producers: Shantel Holder (@harmonys.touch) + Ashley Hobbs (@ashleylatruly)
- Bookings: Julee Wilson, Tiffany Ashitey
- Audio: Josh Gwynn (@regardingjosh) + Anthony Frasier (@anthonyfrasier)
- Music: Gold Standard Creative (@gscdotnyc)