At Black Girl Magic headquarters, senior editors Cori Murray (@corimurray), Charli Penn (@ManWifeDog) host ESSENCE's Yes, Girl! Podcast every Thursday. The award-nominated, podcast fills your glass with celebrity interviews, pop culture and unapologetic perspective. From week-to-week, they're uplifting everybody who’s taking Black culture a little higher.
We have ALL the love for this legendary leading man! THE “Brother to the Night” aka Larenz Tate (@LarenzTate) was in the building and brought the WARMEST of vibes and biggest smiles to ESSENCE. We chopped it up with Mr. Tate about the jaw-dropping final season of ‘Power’ (can you believe it’s the end?!) and just how the cast has been able to keep all the Season 6 secrets! Since he’s a legend in these Hollywood rom-com streets we had to discuss the possibility of a ‘Love Jones’ sequel and what he loves most about his relationship with his beautiful wife. On top of all of THAT, he dropped wise words on what it means to raise his boys as Black kings and the importance of building and sustaining Black communities. What do y’all think is the big plot twist in the final season of Power? Are you here for a Love Jones sequel? Hit us up on social media and let us know using #YesGirlPodcast: Cori Murray (@corimurray), Charli Penn (IG: @charlipenn)!
- 14:53 - Jump to the beginning of the interview!
- 16:05 - What projects does Larenz Tate have brewing?
- 19:59 - Larenz talks about the final (jaw-dropping) season of ‘Power’!
- 43:42 - Want to see that viral photo of Larenz Tate & Nia Long? https://www.instagram.com/p/B06y4I6Bsl3/
- 48:17 - Larenz Tate talks about his beautiful relationship with his beautiful wife
- 51:20 - The importance of making time for family
- 56:20 - Learn more about Mr. Tate's epic audio drama, Bronzeville!