The top stories and best shows in the blockchain world, delivered daily from the team at CoinDesk.
This episode is sponsored by ErisX, The Stellar Development Foundation and Grayscale Digital Large Cap Investment Fund.
Last week, investing legend Paul Tudor Jones rocked the world of crypto and traditional markets with his full throated entrance into the bitcoin market via his latest letter to Tudor BVI investors.
While the headlines (and the quick price bump on the back of FOMO buying) were great, the story is even more interesting than the soundbite.
In this episode, NLW breaks down Paul Tudor Jones complete case for bitcoin, looking at:
- The context and previous attitudes towards bitcoin of both authors of the letter
- The “Great Monetary Inflation” thesis driving a focus on stores of value
- How money supply growth compared to real economic output growth hasn’t been this out of sync since inflationary periods in the 1970s and 1980s
- The “Inflation Race” - a list of 8 potential inflation hedges
- The four categories by which a store of value can be judged: purchasing power, trustworthiness, liquidity, portability
- A ranked look at bitcoin, gold, fiat, and financial assets in the context of those four categories.