The top stories and best shows in the blockchain world, delivered daily from the team at CoinDesk.
This episode is sponsored by ErisX, The Stellar Development Foundation and Grayscale Digital Large Cap Investment Fund.
The second order effects of the COVID-19 crisis are here, and they’re painful. In this episode, NLW looks at how COVID is impacting three industries:
Travel and tourism
- 100m lost jobs expected globally
- $2.7 in lost GDP
- Airbnb lays of 25% of employees
Music & Concerts
- From a record $12.2B concert year to a loss of $9B
- Expectations of concert prohibition lasting up to two years
- Industry organizing to be included in relief
- Commercial real estate expecting 2.5% default rate for 5+ years
- Negotiations around sales-based payment instead of traditional rent
- Residential sees cratering demand but home prices remain up year over year