The top stories and best shows in the blockchain world, delivered daily from the team at CoinDesk.
As the Coronavirus took hold in China, officials in the Hubei province tracked potential patients by examining purchase records for cough and flu medicine for the previous month.
Welcome to the new frontiers of privacy. In this wide-ranging episode, @NLW chats with former lead maintainer of Monero and Tari co-founder Riccardo Spagni - aka @FluffyPony on Twitter - about privacy in the context of:
- The recent arrest of DropBit CEO Larry Harmon surrounding bitcoin mixer technology being used for illicit purposes
- The US govt’s battle against end-to-end encryption
- Central bank digital currencies
- At home devices like Alexa and Google home
- Clearview AI and facial recognition
- China’s response to Coronavirus
- Why individual apathy is the greatest threat to privacy in the world