Get more fun, wins, meaning, and money from your job! This show helps grow your skills and impact at any job that requires thinking and collaborating. Each week, Pete interviews thought-leaders and results-getters to discover specific, actionable insights that boost work performance. Their stories and advice sharpen the universal skills to flourish at work. Boost your time/energy management, leadership, confidence, career opportunities, and fulfillment—while still getting home earlier. The show has 20,000,000 downloads and mentions in The New York Times, Forbes, and Linkedin Learning. Try starting with episode 0: START HERE and listener favorite episodes we put at the beginning numbered: A, B, C, D, E, and F. (Subscribe and/or sort Old to New to find these starter episodes.) Welcome!
Arla shared some powerful insights on identifying and pursuing career advancement opportunity. If you’re currently eyeing a new move, you’ll want to hear her take.
— YOU'LL LEARN —
1) How to do your homework to snag the next advancement.
2) The importance of proactively chasing the big break.
3) Lessons learned from serving as Chief of Staff for two separate CEOs.
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep002 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT ARLA —
Arla Lach is a Partner in Audit Services in the Chicago office of Grant Thornton. She has more than 16 years of experience in public accounting, serving companies with revenues from $4 million to $1 billion. From 2008 through 2010, she served as chief of staff to the CEO of Grant Thornton LLP. In 2011, Lach received a “Women to Watch” award in the emerging leader category from the Illinois CPA Society. She’s passionate about helping women rise into and succeed in leadership roles.
• Arla’s firm, Grant-Thornton LLP
• Arla’s email address: email@example.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• School: The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Book: Lean In by Sheryl Sandbery
• Book: The Divergent young adult novel series by Veronica Roth
• Tool: Getting Things Done, (GTD) system