Get more fun, wins, meaning, and money from your job! With 25,000,000 downloads and mentions in The New York Times, Forbes, and Linkedin Learning. This show helps grow your skills and impact at any job that requires thinking and collaborating.
Each week, Pete interviews thought-leaders and results-getters to discover specific, actionable insights that boost work performance. Their stories and advice sharpen the universal skills to flourish at work. Boost your time/energy management, leadership, confidence, career opportunities, and fulfillment—while still getting home earlier.
Try starting with episode 0: START HERE and listener favorite episodes we put at the beginning numbered: A, B, C, D, E, and F. (Subscribe and/or sort Old to New to find these starter episodes.) Welcome!
Kellogg professor Carter Cast provides his research on career derailment–and how to prevent it!
— YOU'LL LEARN —
1) Two questions to ask yourself to pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses
2) Frequently-occurring risk factors to watch out for
3) The two critical things that put you in the 98 percentile of your company
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep262 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT CARTER —
Carter Cast is a clinical professor at the Kellogg School of Management. Previously he’s played a pivotal role in building numerous iconic consumer brands including Tostitos Scoops and The Sims. He served as CEO of Walmart.com, growing it to the third largest online retailer in the world. Carter is also a venture partner for Pritzker Group Venture Capital, where he assesses potential investments and advises portfolio companies.
• Carter’s Book: The Right (and Wrong) Stuff
• Carter’s Article: 6 Ways to Take Control of Your Career Development If Your Company Doesn’t Care About It
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: Anam Cara by John O’Donohue
• Book: The Extraordinary Leader by John H Zenger and Joseph Folkman
• Book: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith
• Study: Setting the Stage for Success Korn/Ferry
• Study: For Your Improvement Korn/Ferry
• Prayer: Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Save on shipping with Pitney Bowes