Get more fun, wins, meaning, and money from your job! This show helps grow your skills and impact at any job that requires thinking and collaborating. Each week, Pete interviews thought-leaders and results-getters to discover specific, actionable insights that boost work performance. Their stories and advice sharpen the universal skills to flourish at work. Boost your time/energy management, leadership, confidence, career opportunities, and fulfillment—while still getting home earlier. The show has 20,000,000 downloads and mentions in The New York Times, Forbes, and Linkedin Learning. Try starting with episode 0: START HERE and listener favorite episodes we put at the beginning numbered: A, B, C, D, E, and F. (Subscribe and/or sort Old to New to find these starter episodes.) Welcome!
Laura Vanderkam gives her expert advice on feeling less busy, getting more done, and giving more value and meaning to your own time.
— YOU'LL LEARN —
1) How those who feel their time is “vast” spend their day
2) How to draw more energy by acknowledging the three selves
3) How to stretch your experience of time
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep314 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT LAURA —
Laura is the author of several time management and productivity books, like Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done, I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time, What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast, and 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think. Laura’s work has appeared in publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, City Journal, Fortune, and Fast Company. She has appeared on numerous television programs, radio segments, and has spoken about time and productivity to audiences of all sizes. Her TED talk, “How to gain control of your free time,” has been viewed more than 5 million times. She is the co-host, with Sarah Hart-Unger, of the podcast Best of Both Worlds.
• Laura’s Book: Off the Clock by Laura Vanderkam
• Laura’s website: LauraVanderkam.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Research: A Survey Method for Characterizing Daily Life Experience: The Day Reconstruction Method
• Book: The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
• Book: Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
• Book: Twilight Sleep by Edith Wharton
• Book: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
• Book: To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf