Silicon Valley by The Investor's Podcast Network is hosted by Shawn Flynn. It is an in-depth look into the workings of companies based in Silicon Valley. It delves into up-and-coming startups, established giants and the views of people who are making a mark in the technology scene in Silicon Valley.
On today’s show, we talk to Alan Tien, an experienced senior executive in Internet, e-commerce, Online Payments, Emerging Markets (APAC), and Strategy. He has deep experience in Product Management, rooted in a strong understanding of technology. He has led teams including PayPal into China with eBay in the early 2000s.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What is the real story behind what happened when eBay went to China
- What is the most common business model that is being utilized in China
- What companies such as Stripe and Facebook face when going into Asian markets
- What are some of the Financial Technology that China has adopted that the West has not
- Who are some of the real disruptors in Financial Technology
Tweet your comments about this episode directly to Shawn Flynn and the rest of The Investor’s Podcast Community with the hashtag #TIPSiliconValley.
I would like to make a special thanks to Wendy Xue. Without her, I would never have met Alan. And without him, much of what has happened with Silicon Valley could not have happened.
Help us out!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!
Books and Resources
Connect with our Guest
CONNECT WITH SHAWN: