On today’s show, we sit down with Patrick Lee, the co-founder and former CEO of Rotten Tomatoes, a leading entertainment website focused on movie reviews and news. It is one of the top 800 most visited sites in the world. Patrick is now heavily involved with helping early-stage companies, advising companies such as Casetify, Credder, DNArt Inc., Instaread, Kiwi Campus, Leo AR, Magnesium Film, Oishii, WePloy, and Zeuss Technologies. He is a current or former mentor at SOSV, Berkeley SkyDeck, Blue Startups, Founder Institute, Mentorbox, Berkeley LAUNCH Startup Accelerator and was the executive Producer of "The Heavenly Kings", directed by Daniel Wu (Best New Director, 2007 Hong Kong Film Awards).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The story behind one of the most popular websites in the world!
- What it was really like to manage a startup during and after the stock market crash in 2000
- What it is like when the company you built is acquired
- What are the features that make a great accelerator program
- What is the future for online streaming platforms
Tweet your comments about this episode directly to Shawn Flynn and the rest of The Investor’s Podcast Community using #TIPSiliconValley.
We would like to give a special thanks to Alan Tien for connecting us with Patrick Lee. Without Alan, this interview would not have been possible.
Help us out!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!
Books and Resources
CONNECT WITH SHAWN: