A bipartisan podcast on energy and environmental politics in America. Presented by the USC Schwarzenegger Institute. Political Climate goes beyond the echo chambers to bring you civil conversations, fierce debates and insider perspectives, with hosts and guests from across the political spectrum. Join Democrat and Republican energy experts Brandon Hurlbut and Shane Skelton, along with Greentech Media's Julia Pyper, as we explore how energy and environment policies get made.
Political Climate is back after a four-month hiatus. Did we miss anything?
Well, there was the Green New Deal resolution and launch of the new House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis. There was also the introduction of a Republican-backed clean energy plan and the kickoff of a climate-centric presidential election. So there’s that.
In this episode, the Political Climate co-hosts catch up on the latest headlines. Plus, the podcast makes some news of its own!
- Slate: Why the Green New Deal Rollout Was Kind of a Mess
- Axios: Democrats vote "present" as Green New Deal fails Senate test
- Newsweek: Here's How the Green New Deal Compares to a Proposed Republican Climate Plan — The Green Real Deal
- The Hill: Newly-formed House climate panel holds first hearing
- Axios: Green New Deal: Where the 2020 presidential candidates stand
- Vox: Nancy Pelosi is trying to force Trump to return the US to the Paris climate agreement
- Political Climate
Political Climate is produced in partnership with the USC Schwarzenegger Institute and The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.
Subscribe to the Political Climate podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, GooglePlay and Overcast.