Welcome to Mobile First — This is a weekly podcast that digs into the mobile strategy, user insights, and technology driving the latest in business innovation.
This podcast is brought to you by Emerge Interactive
I’m your host, Jordan Bryant.
Every week, I talk with today’s biggest thought leaders leveraging mobile.
We’ll gain insights from their experience to help your organization truly become Mobile First.
Our guest for this episode is Dominique Essig, Chief Experience Office of Bonobos. Dominique is responsible for leading and overseeing the Product Management/UX, Technology (Engineering, IT, and Data Science), Customer Service (their Ninjas), and Ecommerce Operations teams in the company. She brings more than 16 years of online experience for both online and global product management, customer experience operations and software development.
Here are the highlights of our conversation with our Guest:
- From originally becoming a lawyer, Dominique shares at what point in her life she became interested in Customer Experience and how she became fascinated and fell in love with the art and science of the whole customer journey. - Where she first sank her teeth in e-commerce and what led her to become the Chief Experience Officer at Bonobos instead of anywhere else.
- The things that make her great at what she does: her robust experience in e-commerce, her passion in this business, her desire to constantly learn and be around people who are smarter than her, her tenacity, and her focus.
- Dominique shares the biggest change in this industry that she has experienced: the shift of focus back towards building of customer relationships. She also adds in Bonobos’ strategies which are geared towards reaching their customers’ sweet spot, what inspired them to do these and how they transitioned to these models.
- The process they went through – from analysis of demand, testing the model to validation of the experience -- to arrive with their solution to put up guide shops for Bonobos customers.
- The impact of guide shops in their business in terms of customer acquisition, financials and growth in their e-commerce presence. - Technologies and tools they have used for their guide shops and the positive effects of the usage to the guides and to the business.
- Bonobos’ key metrics, how they utilize different channels to personalize customer experience, how their customer journey looks like, and the things that they do not shy away from in the name of customer satisfaction.
- Pain points that Dominique see in their organization and the industry in general, the activities she does to identify these points of friction and her approach to close the process -- from receiving of feedback to implementing solutions -- off. - The threshold of feedback to compel their team to move towards initiating action.
- How the mobile industry influenced their way of thinking and their company strategies.