The top stories and best shows in the blockchain world, delivered daily from the team at CoinDesk.
Every day that protests continue and the stock market goes up, more people ask what the disconnect between markets and the real economy is. In this episode of The Breakdown, NLW peels back the story of today’s economy by looking at five numbers:
This episode is sponsored by Bitstamp and Ciphertrace.
- The growth of the S&P500 since the March 23 low
- Current unemployment stats and a Bloomberg Economics estimate of the number of jobs at risk
- The performance of the S&P500 in 1968, one of the most tumultuous years in American history
- The total percentage of the world’s debt denominated in dollar terms
- The number of flights between the US and China by Chinese airlines going forward