Forbes Insights Futures In Focus is about tomorrow’s world and how visionaries and leaders are thinking about it, helping us design for it, and guiding us towards it so that we can thrive. Nothing is certain about the future except the need to design differently for it than the world we live in today. Host is Michael Gale, best-selling author of The Digital Helix.
This is part one of a two part interview. IKEA as we know it (the Ingka group now) is one of the most iconic global brands. It is in essence and extremely physical experience, but nowadays 70% of their customers kick off their shopping experience with the brand online. Our guest today is Barbara Martin Coppola, Chief Digital Officer for Ingka group, the former IKEA group. She is going to tackle some very interesting subjects with us as her company navigates a data centric, highly digital future, while at the same time expanding its vision about what it can do for communities and society overall:
· How companies with a long history and legacy can stay relevant in this digital age
· Making IKEA a digital brand for ten years’ time will involve a way to transition traditional values to a wider digital and community
· How AI is going to be used and how will it look like going forward for IKEA
· How IKEA will go beyond the idea of customer centricity to personal centricity
· How does IKEA’s model for gender equality work and what can others learn from the power of interviewing to values and not just the job specification they might be interviewing for.