On By Example, Carly Fiorina sits down with leaders of all types to explore examples of real leadership and the qualities of all great problem solvers. Carly and her team lift up the real leaders: people who are focused on changing the order of things for the better and solving real problems that are right in front of them.
Journalist, author, and advocate Gretchen Carlson (@GretchenCarlson) paved the way for #metoo with her historic 2016 sexual harassment complaint against the chairman of Fox News. Named one of Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People in the World,” and author of New York Times bestsellers "Be Fierce"and "Getting Real," Carlson is one of America’s most successful news anchors and a globally recognized advocate for women’s empowerment. Carlson previously hosted “The Real Story” on Fox News, and co-hosted the number-one rated cable morning news show, “Fox and Friends," for more than seven years. Carlson’s recently announced return to television, as host and producer of A+E and Lifetime Network documentaries, breaks the barriers and blacklisting she faced after saying “enough” to harassment. Her comeback is a beacon of hope for other brave women demoted, fired, or blacklisted from their chosen careers after reporting sexual harassment.
Carly sat down with Gretchen Carlson in New York for a conversation about courage in the face of a powerful status quo. They discuss:
- Diving into controversy, Miss America, and a lifelong pattern of harassment
- When Gretchen & Carly learned that the world is different for women
- Gretchen’s harrowing story of assault
- The survivor’s voice
- Why making a plan makes a difference
- How harassment happens in every industry and in every sector – and it crushes potential
- How to tackle trauma in your unique way
- How in every case of harassment, there were ALWAYS bystanders: “people knew”
- How we’ve all been guilty of being bystanders – and we use a lot of excuses to justify standing by
- How the #MeToo movement is just getting started – thanks in part to Gretchen Carlson’s leadership
- How you can do it, too
Love the episode? Make sure to subscribe, rate, and review the show on iTunes. You can learn more about "By Example" by joining our email list at CarlyFiorina.com/ByExample.