On By Example, Carly Fiorina sits down with leaders of all types to explore examples of real leadership and the qualities of all great problem solvers. Carly and her team lift up the real leaders: people who are focused on changing the order of things for the better and solving real problems that are right in front of them.
John D. Kemp, Esq. is the President & CEO of The Viscardi Center, a non-profit organization providing a life span of services that educate, employ and empower people with disabilities. A renowned, sought-after global speaker, he is widely respected for his many achievements, both in the corporate and non-profit worlds. As a person with a disability who uses four prostheses, he inspires others to achieve the impossible through knowledge, experience, vision, personality, and persistence.
John Kemp, born without arms and legs, has become a warrior for the disabilities community. In this bonus episode, Carly sits down with John after he was recommended by Sen. Dole, and talks about his life, outlook, and the world he does at the Viscardi Center. They discuss:
- John’s reaction to being called a great leader by Bob Dole
- Why integrity and character matters in leadership
- How John unlocks potential in others
- John’s start in life, his upbringing, and his father’s example
- The difference between empathy and sympathy
- What a woman said to John on a plane
- Why diversity is good for business
- Carly’s leadership in accessibility in technology
- What John tells his students about leadership
- “Nothing about us without us”
- What John wants you to know about his community
Love the episode? Make sure to subscribe, rate, and review the show on iTunes. You can learn more about "By Example" by joining our email list at CarlyFiorina.com/ByExample.