Imagine you are friends with hundreds of real estate investors and entrepreneurs. Now imagine you can grab a beer with each of them and casually chat about failures, successes, motivations, and lessons learned. That’s what The BiggerPockets Podcast delivers.
Co-hosted by Brandon Turner, David Greene, and BiggerPockets founder Joshua Dorkin, this podcast provides actionable advice from investors and other real estate professionals every week. The show won’t tell you how to “get rich quick” or sell you a course, boot camp, or guru system; instead, the BiggerPockets Podcast will give you real strategies that work for real people.
Start listening and join the 1.3 million members who are learning to invest! Visit biggerpockets.com, and follow us on Instagram (@biggerpockets, @beardybrandon, @davidgreene24, @jrdorkin) and Twitter (@BiggerPockets, @BrandonAtBP, @DavidGreene24, and @jrdorkin).
Today we’re excited to announce the launch of the brand new BiggerPockets Radio Podcast. Each week, we will be bringing you incredible real estate investing tips, training, and interviews with actual investors who are in the field, making it happen. You can listen online (below), download it to listen later, on your smartphone, or via iTunes: all for free.
Last week, Marty Boardman wrote a killer post for the BiggerPockets blog called “How to Lose a Million Dollars in Real Estate: A Step by Step Guide” which was an instant hit among BiggerPockets readers. We knew that Marty would make a great first guest on the new show.
Read the transcript of Episode 1 with Marty Boardman here.
In This Week’s Podcast, We’ll Explore
- How Marty Lost over $8,000,000 in the Real Estate Crash
- The Best Advice Marty Ever Received about Real Estate Investing
- How to Find Local Mentors to Teach, Train, and Bring You Under Their Wings
- How to Quit Your Job and Become a Full Time Real Estate Investor
- Using The Four Flipping Boxes to Flip Houses
- How to Raise Private Money for Your Real Estate Investing Deals
- Why Wholesalers Do Not Need a Buyer’s List – and What They Do Need
- The Four “Must Haves” in a Real Estate Partnership
- How Marty Got a Book Deal for a new House Flipping Book
- Marty’s Favorite Real Estate Investing Book
Links from the Show:
Books Mentioned in the Podcast
- Quit wasting time and money having gurus teach you real estate investing. Find someone local, add value to them, and learn. Tweet This
- I’ll work with anyone – but they gotta do 1 of 2 things: bring me money, or bring me deals.Tweet This
- Investing in real estate is hard work – but it’s rewarding. Tweet This
- Think about your financial goals – and then work backward to figure out what to do now. Tweet This
- Creating a brand for yourself is vitally important for a fix-and-flip investor.Tweet This
- You have to have a good track record to raise capital. Tweet This
- Find a good deal – and the money will come. Tweet This
Marty is the Chief Financial Officer for Rising Sun Capital Group, LLC, a real estate investment firm based in Gilbert, AZ. His firm purchases homes at the courthouse steps and public REO auctions. They have two exit strategies, either fix and flip or seller financing. Connect with Marty on his Blog, FlippingPhoenixHouses.com.