Imagine you are friends with hundreds of real estate investors and entrepreneurs. Now imagine you can grab a beer with each of them and casually chat about failures, successes, motivations, and lessons learned. That’s what The BiggerPockets Podcast delivers.
Co-hosted by Brandon Turner, David Greene, and BiggerPockets founder Joshua Dorkin, this podcast provides actionable advice from investors and other real estate professionals every week. The show won’t tell you how to “get rich quick” or sell you a course, boot camp, or guru system; instead, the BiggerPockets Podcast will give you real strategies that work for real people.
Start listening and join the 1.3 million members who are learning to invest! Visit biggerpockets.com, and follow us on Instagram (@biggerpockets, @beardybrandon, @davidgreene24, @jrdorkin) and Twitter (@BiggerPockets, @BrandonAtBP, @DavidGreene24, and @jrdorkin).
Investing in real estate while holding a full time job may not always get the most discussion in the real estate investing world – but there are thousands (if not millions) of investors who do just that. On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Arthur Garcia, a busy part-time investor who has massed an impressive collection of rental properties while holding a full time job. This show is filled with a ton of really great tips to help any investor – large or small – be more efficient with their investing time. In addition – this was probably the most humorous show to date!
Before we jump into it – we want to once again thank everyone for subscribing to our show in iTunes and leaving us a review. We are up to 99 Five Star reviews and over 25,000 downloads! Thank you to everyone!
Read the transcript of Episode 6 with Arthur Garcia here.
In Today’s Podcast, We Cover:
- How to invest when prices are too high in your area.
- How to get started with “buy and hold” investing when you don’t have much money or time.
- How to use use “cost to rebuild” to predict the future of your market.
- Why Arthur and his wife sold their primary residence to live in an apartment while buying rental property.
- The “super creative way” to find flexible lenders.
- How to find “Portfolio loans.”
- A great way to legally get around the “10 loan” limit for mortgages.
- Why investing while holding a job gives you an advantage.
- Tips for finding a great property manager.
- The story of a topless 90 year old woman that finally convinced Arthur to hire a property manager.
- “You can’t save your way to serious wealth in retirement.” Tweet This Quote!
- “That first rental check fueled my addiction for real estate investing.” Tweet This Quote
- “Do everything you can to take advantage of the downturn in the market” Tweet This Quote!
- “You gotta draw a line in the sand and place your bet on where you think the market is going to go.” Tweet This Quote!
- “To invest in real estate while holding a full time job – you need to find ways to build systems.” Tweet This Quote
- “What makes the top performers stand out? The Art of the Side Hustle” Tweet This Quote!
Links from the Show:
Books Mentioned in the Show:
About Arthur Garcia
Arthur Garcia is a buy and hold investor in Southern California who is buying up dozens of homes while working a full time job. Arthur acquires properties using a combination of hard money, HELOCs, partnerships and private investors. You can find out more about Arthur at: