For those who have money… or want more of it!
Join Mindy Jensen and Scott Trench (from BiggerPockets.com) weekly for the BiggerPockets Money Podcast. Each week, financial experts Mindy and Scott interview unique and powerful thought leaders about how to earn more, keep more, spend smarter, and grow wealth.
The stock market is up, then down, then down, then up. What is an investor to do?
Today we bring JLCollins from JLCollinsNH.com back to the show to calm our fears and help us understand what is happening with the stock market.
The market is falling. Or maybe today it’s rising. It’s SO VOLATILE, it can be scary to stay invested - especially if you’ve never been through a market downturn.
JL expertly explains what’s going on - and his recommendations for the best course of action - based on 40 years of investing in the stock market (and making a boatload of mistakes along the way.)
Long story short, stay the course. 105 years of historical stock market data says this too shall pass.
While JL is an expert on the stock market, he doesn’t invest in real estate, so Scott and Mindy share their views about the real estate market and what this current stock market volatility might mean for real estate investors. They also share ways to hedge your bets in rental property investing through fully funded reserves.
If you’re freaking out about the stock market, this episode can help calm your fears and keep you on the right course to give you the most chance for financial success.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Why are people freaking about the crash
- How one should handle this market drop if you risk losing your job
- When to prepare emergency funds and how much to put into it
- Why you should hold your portfolio forever
- What an Index Fund is
- Why it is important to "ignore" the market
- How index outperform stock picking
- How one can never time the market
- How those who say they predicted the market only did it because of luck
- The only time the market is not going to recover...
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show